Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mongolia?

Hey! This is my first official blog...ever! I feel so trendy....and I can now officially say "I am blogging". Anyway, there are much more exciting thing to discuss! On March 12th I received my official invite to serve in the Peace Corps in Mongolia as a PETT (what a cute acronym) which stands for Primary Education Teacher Trainer. When I first found out I would be serving in Mongolia, I literally jumped up and down with excitement! I have always liked Asian cultures and felt like this was an excellent opportunity to be able to explore their culture. Then after the excitement settle a bit, I pondered "How the hell am I, a born and bred California girl, gonna survivor -40 degrees winter?!"
Although I am still trying to find the answer to that question, I am stoked to be going to Mongolia!
Let me introduce my self a bit for those who are wondering who I am. (Even though I assume most people who read this will be family and friends.) My name is Eleanor (Ellie), I live in LA, California and will soon graduate in Psychology. I have wanted to join the Peace Corps since I graduated High School so being accepted in a dream come true for me! Many people ask me why I want to join and here is the short version as to why: I want to be part of something that is bigger than myself and I want to live in another part of the world. I have a big urge to vent into a 10 page reason as to why join the PC (peace corps) but I will spare my few readers.
I plan to use this blog as a place where I will tell about my Mongolian Adventures, which I can not wait to begin! Hope you all enjoy my blog! Please feel free to ask any questions if your feeling curious about the things I write about.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ellie,

    My name is Scott and my wife, Ashlee, and I are a couple of M20s from southern California also. Don't worry -- you'll survive the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M20's? So that means your still in Mongolia right? Well it is comforting to know that some fellow Californias are able to survive the cold! See you in a couple of months :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like all of us, you will in six or so months come to understand that we are capable of surviving in almost any weather at all. No worries you will be great. Besides, we just had the worst winter in over 30 years. Theres no way it would be two bad winters in a row...right?

    This is Josh, i will be there to cheer you off the plane at UB airport. Look for the sign that says "Be Intimidated, I Was!"

    Congrats and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete